Successful complex commercial and civil trial litigation has been a hallmark of Pretzel & Stouffer since its inception. Yet many of our clients also know and trust us as some of the most thorough, experienced general business law attorneys in Illinois and the Midwest.
We take a comprehensive and collaborative approach to this practice area, drawing from the wide-ranging industry and legal experience of all of our attorneys. Thanks to this rich knowledge base, we provide the most efficient and cost-effective general business services to corporate clients of all sizes, in all sectors, covering areas such as:
- Mergers, acquisitions and other business transactions: We counsel clients on all aspects of business transactions, from drafting buy-sell agreements and negotiating contracts to the actual consummation of sales, purchases, shareholder agreements and joint ventures.
- Liquidations, recapitalizations and other restructuring efforts: Our attorneys are sensitive and efficient in matters relating to liquidations and other corporate restructurings, working with clients to help mitigate liability and retain the most value for company shareholders.
- Financial, environmental and other government compliance: We provide counsel on issues related to securities law compliance, disclosure matters and other corporate governance issues to help our clients avoid costly litigation.
- Corporate financing: We work with banks, insurance companies and other institutional lenders to negotiate loans and prepare loan documentation to secure the best terms for our clients.
- Real estate transactions and estate succession planning: Whether our clients are planning for the future of their companies or seeking to grow now through new real estate purchases, Pretzel & Stouffer can handle all real estate, trust and business succession planning needs. See our Trusts/estate planning/real estate law practice area page for more information.
- General business counsel and contract drafting: From benefit plans and employee manuals to IP registration, our attorneys have expertise in all areas of general business counseling and contract drafting. We also have specialized business law experience in the area of health care, with the ability to advise clients on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, medical service provider agreements, medical confidentiality agreements and more.
<< Back to Areas of Practice